It’s Deliveroo’s policy that you must check the customer’s ID for all orders containing age-restricted items, even if the customer looks older than the legal age for buying those items.
It’s against the law to sell age-restricted products to anyone under the age of 18. It’s important to remember to check a customer’s age when delivering orders that contain age-restricted products as it is your responsibility to make sure that you don’t deliver age-restricted products to someone under 18.
When you pick up an order from the restaurant, check the receipt to make yourself aware if alcohol is included and take steps to ensure that the customer you deliver to is over 18.
When you deliver an order containing alcohol, it’s important that you don’t hand over any alcohol to a customer who already appears to be drunk or under the influence of drugs.
You must not:
- Deliver the age-restricted products to the customer if you are suspicious that the ID produced is not genuine or if an ID could not be produced. When this happens call Rider Support and inform them – do not complete the order.
- Deliver alcohol to the customer if you believe they’re already drunk or under the influence of drugs
- Leave the age-restricted products anywhere except the delivery address, unless the customer does not provide proof that they are over 18 on request (in which case the alcohol should be disposed of responsibly)
- Hesitate to ask for ID
- Deliver alcohol to public locations after 10:30pm. Please ensure that the delivery location is at a private location, as under the Liquor Control Act, the consumption of liquor will not be allowed in all public places from 10.30pm to 7am everyday and there may be penalties for violation of this ordinance. For more information on the Liquor Control Act, you may refer to MHA's press release here.
- NRIC or identity card
- An in-date driving license
- An in-date passport issued by any country
- Confirm the photograph on the card looks like the person offering the card.
- Check the expiry date of the document to ensure it is still valid
- Enter the customer’s date of birth and tap Confirm age – the app will tell you whether the customer is over 18.
If you can’t deliver part of the order because the customer doesn’t have ID, is too young, or is under the influence of drugs or alcohol we’ll contact them directly.