At Deliveroo we’re on a mission to create the very best food delivery service in the world - for our customers, our food partners and you, our riders. That means we’re always looking for ways to help deliveries go smoothly.
From now, when you can’t reach the customer at their door, you’ll be asked to take a photo of the order in a safe place. It’s quick and easy through the rider app, and it’ll help us provide proof of delivery to the customer.
When you take a photo of the order in a safe place for the customer, to protect the customer's privacy it’s important that you don’t include any people or identity information in the photo.
Here’s what to do when you can’t reach the customer at delivery:
- If the customer doesn’t answer the door at delivery, you should use the Chat and Call features in the rider app to try and contact them
- If they don’t respond, you should send them a notification in the rider app to let them know you’re leaving soon.
- If the customer still doesn’t respond, you should leave the order in a safe place, like outside their door, or with the building concierge or a neighbour. Remember to remove any age restricted products like alcohol from the order – you should never deliver these items without checking the customer’s ID at the door.
- Tap Leave Order in the rider app, and choose from the list to explain where you’re leaving the order.
- Use your mobile phone to take a photo of where you’re leaving the customer’s order. You’ll need to allow the rider app to access your phone camera. It’s important that you don’t include any people’s faces or any other identity information, for privacy reasons.
- If the photo isn't clear you can take it again or tap Finish to complete the delivery.
We’ve introduced this feature in the rider app to help you complete deliveries more smoothly, so that you can move on to the next order quickly, even if the customer is not at the door. Plus, this will help protect you from dishonest customers who might claim they didn’t receive their order, and protect our customers from the small number of riders who may not complete deliveries correctly.
Our aim is to continue to improve the delivery experience for our restaurant partners, customers and you, our riders.
If you have questions about this new feature in the rider app, or about how to deliver orders correctly, contact us.